Tuesday, September 24, 2013

So this week was pretty good! I can't believe it is already Monday again! It went by so fast. Sister Beacham told me about this thing called a transfer fast. Basically we made a list of 10 things that we want to fast from that will help us become more dedicated and sanctified missionaries. My list has things like thinking about home, comparing my self to other missionaries, and doubting myself. We also made a list of 7 things we want to work on to make us better missionaries. We started the transfer fast with a fast on Sunday. I am really excited to see how much this helps me become a better missionary! It is going to be hard but I know that through Heavenly Father's help I can have the strength to do all things.
 
We have 2 investigators with a baptismal date. They are both doing well and progressing. This week we really tried to help people get to church. We had about 6 people say that they were going to come but when it came time for church, only one of them showed up. That makes me sad because I know how much church can bless their life!
 
I am getting more and more comfortable every day and I'm learning the town better too. I know that there are so many more things that I can do to improve but I'm just doing the best that I can with what I know right now. I know as time goes on that I will become a better missionary. I am so grateful to be here. I don't know how many years I will live and I am only here for a 18 short months. That is not very much time. I'm not perfect but I am trying to dedicate myself completely for the next 17 months. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much in my life and I feel so honored that I have the opportunity to serve Him. Sometimes it is hard when doors are slammed in our faces. Or when people run into their house when they see you walking down the street. But it makes me feel so sad because they do not know what they are missing! They need to know that Jesus Christ's gospel has been restored to the earth and that God speaks to a modern day prophet! They need to know that He stands with open arms ready to receive them, no matter what they've done. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that Joseph Smith restored it on the earth in these last days. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and that it is the word of God and is a witness of His love for us. I know that Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to him. I know that the priesthood is real and that it is the power of God. I am so grateful for it. I know that families are forever. I know that the Atonement is what makes that possible. We could not return to God's presence if it wasn't for the Atonement. He is the way and there is no other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved. I love my Savior. I am grateful for his perfect life and perfect love.
 
Love Always,
Sister Lauren Kasteler

No comments: