Monday, September 30, 2013

It has been a little weird. We are kind of in a slump. We need to find more investigators but we are really struggling! We have been really racking our brains and trying to figure out what we can change or do to find new people to teach. We have come up with some ideas that involve a lot of working with the ward members to get them involved and motivated to do missionary work. I am actually really excited to see what fruits come from this trial and the problem solving that we are going through. There is a chance that the fruits will not be evident while we are still in this ward but I hope that we can change the work in this ward for the better.
This past Wednesday we had trade-offs with the Sister Training Leaders. I went with Sister Call to her area, Lake Butler. I learned SO much from Sister Call. She is a very powerful missionary. She is so confident and dedicated to the work. I hope that when I am out as long as she is (7 months) that I can be as powerful a missionary as she is.
So...Funny story. Last week my dear companion was telling me about how the first time she taught the Law of Chastity her companion made her teach it. Well...yesterday we were teaching this man named Greg about the 10 commandments. Sister Beacham and I were switching of reading the commandments and she handed the book to me and I looked at it and..."Thou shalt not commit adultery." I read it and looked over at Sister Beacham and she burst out laughing! I could have kept a straight face if it weren't for her laughing so hard! Poor Greg felt SO awkward. I managed to teach the law of chastity without laughing TOO hard. Even now thinking about I can't help but laugh at the situation. Sister Beacham didn't mean for it to happen so it was funny that it did.
The Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday night was amazing! I really felt the spirit and the love of our prophet and leaders. I loved that the Relief Society presidency talked about how important it is to keep our covenants. And one of them even talked about how missionary work is a part of our baptisimal covenant! Wahoo! Yeah for missionary work! Before I came on a mission I was a TERRIBLE member missionary. I know how incredibly important it is for members to realize that missionary work is a necessary part of being a member of Christ's restored gospel. So talk to everyone about the gospel! Even if you just mention something about church. Plant those seeds! I truly recommend the book "The Power of the Everyday Missionary" by Clayton R. Christensen, I believe. It is a wonderful source to know how to do missionary work every day! You can buy it online for like $7 and the money goes to the general missionary fund. You can also download in on Kindle, I think.
I also really loved President Monson's talk during the broadcast. When they announced that he would be speaking my heart was so full and about to burst! We are SO BLESSED to have a living prophet who recieves direct revelation from God that can help us come closer to Jesus Christ and return to live with our Heavenly Father again! I am so happy to be a part of this restored gospel. I loved that President Monson talked to us about prayer and about how much God loves us. Everyday I feel his love and I know that it is real and wonderful! It is so sad to me that there are millions and millions of people in the world who don't feel that. They have never felt peace and comfort from the spirit. If they have, they don't know what it is or how they can have it all the time. I am humbled to be here in Florida striving everyday to help people come to this knowledge.
We read a really cool talk in companionship study a coulple weeks ago. It is called "Cast not away therefore your confidence." I really think everyone should read it. It is wonderful.
 
I love you all!
 

No comments: