Friday, April 25, 2014

April 7

Happy Conference Y'all!

This week was a week. It had its ups and a couple downs. And it went by fast, as usual. Along with another set of sisters we taught the young women about Family History for mutual this week. It was fun. Family history was mentioned a bunch in General Conference. I liked that.

So we tried to get a hold of one of our investigators and it wasn't working all week. Finally on Saturday, we were on splits with some ward members. I went with a ward member to see this investigator and she was home! She told us that she had been in the hospital for a few days. That is good to know! We were able to call the elders and they came over and gave her a blessing. She felt the spirit so strongly. It was incredible. She said "It felt like God came inside me." We were also able to teach her to pray and talk about the meaning of Easter. It was a wonderful visit. 

There was another investigator who we could not get a hold of but we saw him last night! His phone has been broken! Hah! I guess Heavenly Father was giving us a couple tests this week. Anyways, he still wants to meet with us and still wants to learn more. We were able to show him how to get on to gospel library and lds.org on his phone. He wanted to know how to search for things. The first word he looked up was "family". In an earlier lesson he told us about some issues that are going on with his family. He truly wants to strengthen his marriage and his family. It is really neat. He is so prepared. Now we can pray that his wife and his two boys are prepared.

Now for a down moment. We received a text message from an investigator this morning. She told us that her family doesn't want us coming over or talking to us any more. It was heart breaking. I have no doubt that she will find the gospel again at the right time. She also, was so prepared!

This weekend was General Conference. President Monson was right, these six months since last conference went by SO FAST! It was truly amazing. I know that I received answers to questions and prayers that I had. I saw several themes. Love, family, standing up for what is right, building your foundation on Jesus Christ. Wow, I love General Conference! I'm so excited to watch and read the talks again. Also, how about a challenge for y'all? I would love it if you read from Preach My Gospel at least once a week and then emailed me what you studied and any inspiration that you received?  I loved when Elder Ballard suggested that. Also, as a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days starting April 1. If you want to join in with me that would be wonderful. I would love to hear any ah-ha moments that you have! Let's help inspire each other! Another talk that I really liked was President Uchtdorf's about being grateful not only "for" things but also "in" circumstances. No matter what we are going through, we must still have an attitude of gratitude or a thankful spirit. We must be hopeful and faithful. Elder Hollands talk was awe-inspiring. I can't imagine being one of the missionaries in the story he told. I have been very blessed thus far in my mission to say that I have not had food thrown or spit at me. And Elder Hollands testimony was absolutely....there are no words. I also really loved Sister Reeves' talk on Saturday. Wow. I don't have my conference notes with me at the moment so there are just a few of my thoughts about conference.

Have a blessed week. Love y'all!

Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: