This was another crazy week! Also a week of funny experiences and miracles! Basically I wish you could read my journal from this week. I think you would be pretty entertained.
First of all, our car had been making some funny noises so we were instructed to take it to the dealership. It was under warranty so we took it there one morning. They wouldn't tell us how long it would take so we went about our morning studies. When we were done with studies and lunch they still hadn't called us so we decided to walk. We walked first to the library and spent an hour on facebook/blogging. (p.s. I started a missionary blog. I am just getting it started but feel free to look it up.nofearonlytrust.blogspot.com ) After we went to the library we called the dealership and he told us that there wasn't really a problem but that they were going to replace something because it was loud. Yeah...right. Oh well. So we decided to keep walking. Since we have 3 sets of missionaries in our ward we have to divide up the area between all of us. Well the library is in the elders' area so we had to walk and walk and walk to some where that we actually had people to see. It was an adventure. I truly love and appreciate the wonderful 2013 Chevy Cruz that we have. We finally got it back around 3:30.
That same day we had an interesting experience in the Library. We frequently see this little old man. We will call him Bernard. He is always very friendly and we started talking to him. We had a wonderrful conversation about how we need to trust and rely on God and how he won't give us anything that we can't handle. Well, Bernard is a little hard to understand so all of a sudden it occured to us that he wasn't talking about God anymore....I won't go into details but it wasn't appropriate. Let's just say that he might have been hitting on me...and it was awkward. Sister Winkler and I had a good laugh about it later.
Another very funny moment happened with a lady we met but I couldn't even begin to describe that to you so I won't even try. She was pretty old and we were completely confused about what she was saying. She ended up giving the mormon.org card back to us that we had just given her. That was after she spelled out all the words on the card like this "s-i-s-t-e-r m-i-s-s-this one- and that one-and some of those". Poor lady....at least she was happy.
There were just a couple of the funny experiences of the week. We also saw wonderful miracles. We set baptismal dates with two investigators! One is set for December 21with a lady who has been meeting with the missionaries for a long time but is always sick. The other one is set for January 4 and she is on fire! She just needs to come to church....
We had interviews with the mission president on Saturday. It was great. I love President Craig. He is so loving and so passionate about missionary WORK. He told me that he knows that I will accomplish big things on my mission and that I have already come SO far in the 12 weeks that I have been here. It was really nice to meet with him.
We had the chance to watch the Christmas Devotional last night. It was wonderful. I love this Christmas season (even though the weather doesn't feel like Christmastime here in Florida). And I get to spend every day testifying and teaching people about Jesus Christ! We all need to remember to keep Him the center of the season and our lives.
I am excited for this week! Our mission Chirstmas party is on Thursday and Friday is our ward Christmas Party. I love the people we are working with and I love Lake City.
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment