Well Hello,
This week was busy and went by so fast as usual. My biggest piece of news is that we had a baptism! My very first one! It was so stressful because we wanted the water to be warm because she is a fragile woman. So we had to fill it up a little bit and then wait for the water heater to fill up again. BUT we didn't have enough time so we just had to fill it up with cold water. We felt so bad but there wasn't much we could have done about it. It was an adventure. But God is great and everything ended up working out smoothly once the service got started! (Except for the musical number that Sister Winkler and I sang. Maybe we should have practiced at least once with the piano...) God granted us another miracle and she was able to make it to church on Sunday so that she could receive the Holy Ghost. It was truly wonderful! She is so happy and was SO ready.
Deep Creek is truly picking up speed! We have started teaching this mom and one of her daughters. Finding them was truly a miracle. The mom had 8 children total! And they don't have a car. So that is an adventure. She came to church but only 4 of the children came so it wasn't too crazy. She is so golden and hopefully more of the family can become involved in lessons and church!She is great. During all of the church meetings she would say things like "amen" and "uh-huh" during the talks or lessons. It was awesome. Love it.
Our ward Christmas program was yesterday and it was really nice! Besides the confirmation the congergation sang a few songs and the primary sang a few songs and the 6 missionaries sang a song. I'm happy to say that it went better than when Sister Winkler and I sang at the baptism. Oh man. The Chirstmas program was nice.
I really can't believe it is Christmas. Maegan sent me a picture of the snow in Utah!Saturday here in Lake City it was in the upper 80s! Wow. It has even been warm at night! Last night I even got 18 Mesquito bites! I thought those little guys were supposed to die during the winter. No such luck. That is alright though. It is kind of nice to walk around without a jacket in December. It doesn't feel like December but it sure does feel nice!
So I was reading the story of the first Christmas in Luke 2. After the shephards were told that Christ the Lord was born and the angels sang "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, good will toward men." The shephards said "let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And THEY CAME WITH HASTE and found Mary, and Jospeh, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, THEY MADE KNOWN ABROAD the saying which was told them concerning this child." (Luke 2:8-17) Wow. Isn't that amazing. We need to be like the shephards and come with haste to our savior. We need to make it a priority just like the shephards did to know him personally. THEN we need to tell everyone about it! We need to share the good news of the gospel with the people we love and care about. Because the gospel is the good news! "Behold I have given unto you my [good news], and this is the [good news] which I have given unto you--that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me." (3 Nephi 27:13)
Merry Christmas and I love Y'all!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment