Another week has come and gone. It was a good week! The biggest news is that we got our iPads! It is so cool but definitely an adjustment that we are having to get used to! Eventually all of our planning will be done on the iPads. No more paper planners! Also, it is so awesome to be able to show investigators a Mormon message at any moment! The general authorities can pull up our iPads at any moment and look at all our investigators and goals and plans. Talk about accountability! We haven't even begun to think of all the possibilities that are available to us with the iPads. Missionary work is changing. It isn't anything like it was 20 or 39 years ago!
We had zone conference on Wednesday where we had iPad training and spent some time getting them all set up. It was a great meeting except it was SO hot in the chapel of the church we were at. Oh wow, I was feeling pretty uncomfortable. The bug bites on my ankles didn't help. Yup....it is February and I got mosquito bites. That might have been one of the days we saw people out by the pool at our apartment complex. Really....? It snowed all week in Utah. Hmmm. Interesting. :)
So this week Sister DeSpain and I decided that we wanted to find a family to teach. So we have been looking for one and praying for one! We did find one potential family that we have an appointment with tomorrow! That is pretty exciting! We also found a couple other potential investigators. Along with that we did have a couple investigators let us know that they were not interested. It is sad but I always remind myself that they have their agency and as long as I do my part to love them and teach them the truth, then I can be satisfied with doing my part.
I had the opportunity to speak in church yesterday. Somehow it slopped mine and sister DeSpain's mind until Friday night. It is a miracle that she remembered so I could prepare! I was asked to speak about faith. Faith is such a broad topic! It was a little hard for me to decide what I wanted to speak on. Well I decided to simplify and intensify. I went with the basic what is faith and how to obtain and strengthen my faith? I think it went well.
Here is a scripture that I hope will brighten your day! Remember where your strength lies :)
Jacob 4:7
Have a blessed day y'all!
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment