Monday, October 27, 2014

October 13

Hello everyone!

This week was a busy and good one. I went on two trade offs with two
incredible missionaries. I think the lord gave me his calling so I
could get to know and learn from so many wonderful disciples of Jesus
Christ. When I was with Sister Cline we were biking...a lot. All of a
sudden we ride by a blue powerade. We look at each other and had the
same thought. So we turned around and picked up the bottle. Still
sealed. It was even cool. God loves us so much and sent us a little
piece of blue manna to sustain us through the evening and remind us
that he is there.

Is week were able to find some new investigators, even some potential
families! The work is slowly starting to pick up again. We also had
the opportunity to participate in Brianna's baptism. She is 8 years
old and is the daughter of a me,her so it isn't a convert baptism but
we had the wonderful opportunity to teach her all the lessons and halo
put her baptism together. It was beautiful. She and her grandma were
10 minutes late but besides that, it went perfectly! The spirit was
very strong. It's amazing how that happens at baptism. But it is not
at all surprising. Baptism and confirmation are saving ordinances. I
wish I could remember more from my own baptism and confirmation.

On a trade off in Waycross I was reminded again of my personal
standard of cleanliness. We did some service for a lady. It was not
pretty.

Our sacrament meeting yesterday was wonderful. One of the sister
missionaries in our ward spoke. She did amazingly. She is such a great
public speaker! She talked about how gods ways are nothing our ways
and how his are usually counter-intuitive. Like how to the world it
seems crazy that we give 10% of our money to the Lord and he promises
that he will take care of us. She gave some other wonderful examples
and I cannot even begin to do it justice. Another ward member talked
about sacrifice and how no matter what decision we are making we have
to sacrifice something. There is always an opportunity cost. We must
choose what we sacrifice. The last speaker was our new stake president
who talked more about opportunity cost and how our spirituality
depends on the steps that we make, those steps are called "today".
Through Christ we can become perfect. Yes we can, because He can do
all things.

Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: