Monday, October 27, 2014

October 6

Good Afternoon Y'all!

This week was a great one! It seemed busy and we worked hard. We are so blessed to be taught that we must repent and make changes in our lives in order to align our will with Heavenly Father's and to one day return to live with Him and our families again. Sister Herrera have been making small changes to the way we are doing the work as inspired by the spirit, President Craig, and other leaders. We are excited to see miracles and watch this area grow!

Tuesday we had Zone Meeting and got to watch MEET THE MORMONS. Wow. It was incredible. One minute you're laughing and the next you're crying. It is really going to be amazing to watch what happens as a result of this movie coming out. We are trying to get our members to request the movie so that it will play here in Brunswick! What a great way to introduce the church to your friends! It really was a wonderful movie. The people they focused on were so different and so incredible. There really are so many different kinds of people in the Church. The gospel is for everyone!

I was on a trade-off with Sister Mann, a brand new missionary. We were knocking on some doors and we started talking to this lady who was so nice and so friendly! She talked a lot about God's hand in her life and then we brought up the Book of Mormon. Here is the conversation that happened:
Us: We love reading the Bible and we also love to read the Book of Mormon.
Her: I have a copy of the Book of Mormon.
Us: That is great! Where did you get it?
Her: A friend gave it to me.
Us: Wow, have you ever had a chance to read any of it?
Her: Yeah, I've read the whole thing.
Us: Really? That is incredible. Have you ever prayed to ask God if it is true?
Her: Yes, I pray about everything. I know it is true. But I'm Baptist. 
Wow! I was somewhat in shock. That definitely doesn't happen very often! In fact, it has never happened to me. We are pretty sure she has never met with the missionaries before so we are planning on helping her understand that because the Book of Mormon is true, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church restored on the earth. Isn't that incredible?

What a beautiful conference weekend! We have been so blessed by the wonderful messages from the apostles and prophets. I loved the focus on being truly converted by following the example of Jesus Christ and not the example of the world. I also felt like there was a lot of focus about using our agency and involving God in our decision making. There was also a focus on follow the prophet and other inspired leaders. The talks that really stood out to me was Lynn G. Robbins, Jorg Klebingat's, Elder Oaks, President Monson, Elder Scott, and Elder Bednar. As you can see, I can really pick favorites. Did you notice that the world just felt different Saturday and Sunday? The gospel is amazing and general conference was glorious.

Have a blessed week,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: