Monday, October 21, 2013

Tuesday, my last day with Sister Beacham was good! We bought brownie mix and cheesecake. Wednesday the ward mission leader and his wife drove us to Jacksonville for transfers! That is where we met our new missionaries! My new companion and trainee is Sister Angelina Winkler. She is from....Canada! Calgary, Alberta to be exact. She is wonderful. She has super curly hair and is 20 years old. She is an amazing missionary already! She asks a lot of questions and is always trying to improve herself! She is very confident! Wednesday night, Sister Winkler and I saw so many miracles! We had set at 8 that the elders were going to give Betty a blessing. We called her and she said that she wasn't feeling up to having visitors. We were SO bummed. So we tried to see her neighbor who is usually busy babysitting some kids and she didn't have any kids at her house which was a miracle! We were able to share a lesson with her. Then we got back into our car and at that moment Betty was calling us. We answered and said that we could come over and  if it wasn't too much trouble the elders could give her a blessing. So we called the elders. They usually are too busy to answer us but miraculously they picked up! They were able to get to Betty's house within 5 minutes and gave her a blessing. It was truly a miracle. By the end of the lesson all the pain was gone from her face and she was determined to come to church on Sunday. The next day....she called us in the middle of the day and said "Hey sisters!" She said she was feeling great and she knew that it was the blessing that helped her! I am so grateful for the priesthood and God's hand in our lives. I know he made all of these miracles happen.
 
So many of our plans have fallen through in the past few days but somehow we have found things to do and people to see. There is always work to do!
 
Other than my own imperfections....training is going well. I know the area a lot better than I thought I did so I know where I am going when I drive around! One of our solid investigators unfortunately hasn't been answering our calls or texting us back. So we really only have one investigator who is...semi solid right now. We are struggling to get her to church because she has so many health problems. We are still on the search for new investigators. We found a couple potential investigators this week so we will see how those go. I know that as we keep pushing forward and working our hardest all day, every day, that we will see miracles. But it is all according to God's timing, of course. Time to be diligent and patient. :)
 
I want to talk about the Atonement for a minute. A good friend of mine gave me an article called "Believing Christ: A practical Approach to the Atonement" I highly recommend that everyone reads it. It is excellent. It talks about how we believe in Christ. We know he lives. We know that he died for each of us. We know that he made it possible for all mankind to be saved. But do we Believe Christ? He has promised that if we come unto him, keep his commandments, and try our hardest, that he will make us into pure, worthy, celestial creatures. When we rely on our own merits and wisdom or we say that we are just average, we are saying to him that we don't believe him. That we don't really believe he will keep his promises. I believe in Christ. I believe Him. I know that if I give him all that I have, I will be enough. He is my Savior. I love him.
 
Another wonderful and amazing article is "His Grace is Sufficent". It's by Brad Wilcox. Part of it was in September's Ensign but you can get the whole thing online. I love it. So much.
 
Love you all!
 
Sister Kasteler

No comments: