So this week was good. We found a couple new investigators and we are excited to see them progress! We finally got in contact with Greg after not hearing from him or being able to contact him for a week and a half. He had phone problems and finally got our number from Sister Beacham on Facebook and called us on Friday. It was a miracle! Yesterday we set a new baptismal date with him and he is excited to work towards that!
Friday night was the Fall Festival that was put on by the primary! It was so much fun! We worked really hard all week to make sure that we invited everyone that we talked to to come to the party. It was a chili cook off. The night was a big success! There were a lot of members there and a lot of non-members as well! I noticed though, that most of the people we invited, didn't come. Most of the non-members that were there were people that the ward members had invited. It sure is important for the ward members to be involved in the missionary work!
Another miracle that we saw was that we had a service project fall through, instead of just changing back into our proselyting clothes and doing something else, we decided to pray for a service opportunity and go ahead "not knowing before hand what we should do". Well, we ended up at the ward mission leader's home just as his wife was starting to work in her garden! We helped her for a little while and it was really wonderful. She was very appreciative and the flowerbeds looked great! (Yeah, in Florida you can plant flowers in October)
We had the primary program in church yesterday! It was so great! I absolutely love primary program Sunday! There is so much we can learn from children!
We were fed very well this past week. A member took us out to dinner the other night to a Chinese Buffet. I tried sushi for the first time! It was a little weird but I liked it. I have always said that one day I would try it but I was not wanting to. Luckily Sister Winkler and the member worked really hard to convince me.
I presented a training at District Meeting about diligence, consistency, all day, everyday. It went very well. I felt very prepared and I know that the spirit was directing me while I was giving it. Also, Elder Zwick is touring the mission and on Friday we are having a zone conference with our zone (Lake City) and the Gainesville zone! The assistants called and asked that Sister Winkler and I give a 4 1/2 minute training. We are pretty excited. I really love Elder Zwick so I am very excited to see him again and listen to him speak!
I am looking forward to a really great week! I love you all so much!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment