This week was a good one. I don't have a ton to say but it was a great week. And a fast one. I can't believe that another week has come and gone. We had Zone Conference on Thursday. It was amazing. I absolutely love gathering with other missionaries and learning from them and from President and Sister Craig. We learned a lot about working more effectively with members and living and teaching by the spirit. It was a wonderful conference.
Yesterday there was a Stake Relief Society dinner and it was truly incredible. It was all about finding joy in every season of life! I want to share a couple things that were said. First, a little joke:
There was a girl who woke up and when she looked in the mirror she saw that she had three hairs on her head. She said, "I think that I will braid my hair today!" The next morning she looked in the mirror and saw that she had two hairs on her head. She exclaimed, "I am going to part my hair down the middle today!" And the next day, you guessed it, she looked in the mirror to see that she had one hair on her head. She said, "I think I will put my hair in a pony tail today!" And she had a wonderful day.
Happiness is both a state and a trait. We must choose be happy no matter what is going on in life. That is often hard to do but if you choose to be happy even when you are tired, in pain, or going through something hard, then you will be happy.
Another analogy, If you have a glass of water it isn't too hard to hold it for a few minutes. It is pretty light. But if you hold it for an hour your hand and arm will probably start cramping up. But if you hold it for a whole day you won't be able to move or put it down and you will probably need to call someone to help you. That is like our burdens. They might not seem very heavy but if we hold on them for too long we will not be able to put them down without someone's help. We have to give our burdens to the Lord and he will carry them for us.
And one last poemish thing.
God gives us flowers every spring and sunrises every morning.
When you want to talk to someone, he is always listening.
He could live anywhere but he chooses to live in your heart.
What else happened this week? Honestly, it was a little bit of a blur. It came and went so fast. We had a couple days that were actually cold this week! I definitely appreciated the wonderful coat my mother sent me. And after about two days of cold... we're back to warm. And this morning we had a whole bunch of fog while we were running. That was fun :) We saw miracles every day this week.
Love Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment