Well, this past week went by fast as usual. And it was a little crazy. I don't even know why. I've had a cold this week. Just when the sore throat was about finished I started sounding like a man. Just a little. But enough that people were asking if I was sick. Yesterday I could not stop coughing at a member's house. It was ridiculous!
We saw tons of miracles this week! Including one day where we found 3 new investigators! We also met so many of our goals for the week which was truly miraculous! We did some service for a lady in our ward. That included trimming her toenails. Sister Winkler loves me so much so she took the reins on that one. It wasn't intentional but it ended up that way. I don't think I will mention what I did while Sister Winkler was trimming her toenails. We were also able to help one of our investigators make fudge! It was fun and it didn't turn out right. Also, the spoon she used to stir the scalding hot sugar melted. A huge chunk of the spoon ended up in the fudge. It was quite an adventure and she enjoyed it.
We had a bible study with some children last week. It was fun. We tried teaching them "I am a Child of God" and teaching them about prayer. It was fun. But a little crazy. We were at this apartment complex that has a little bit of a reputation. Don't worry, we were there during the daylight. But at one point the bible study got a little distracted when a fight broke out between some children who were playing football. It made me so sad to see all those children who are lacking love and structure in their lives. I can't imagine growing up in that environment and I wish I could protect them and make sure that they are all ok!
Also, this transfer we are getting a new set of Elders! The zone leaders are moving from the Cannon Creek ward into our ward. So we will have 3 sets of missionaries in the Deep Creek ward! That is a little crazy but it will be great. If we can get everyone really excited about missionary work his ward could see some mighty miracles in the near future.
I don't know much else to say. There were some hard moments this week but there were some wonderful miracles that made up for all of the hard times. I love being a missionary!
Have a blessed day,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment