Monday, November 4, 2013

Zone Conference

Hey Ya'll! So this week was crazy. Monday after preparation day was over we started trade-offs with the Sister Training Leaders. I went to Lake Butler for 24 hours with Sister Call and Sister Winkler stayed in Deep Creek with Sister Lewis. I would have been so nervous if I were Sister Winkler but she totally rocked it. I love Sister Call so I was really happy to be with her and learn from her in Lake Butler.
 
Thursday was Halloween. We did some service, had a ward coordination meeting, and went to the family history center. We had about 2 hours left to actually do some proselyting. Then we had to be inside after 6:00. Sister Winkler and I went to dinner at a member's house. Then her husband took the kids trick-or-treating and we did her dishes and talked for a little while. And I ate Halloween candy. Too much Halloween candy. And unfortunately the whole week was filled with Halloween candy. It is so delicious I just can't say no!
 
Friday we had Zone Conference in Gainesville. We spent the whole day in Gainesville. Elder Zwick was there and spoke a lot of the conference along with his wife, President Craig, and Sister Craig. They talked about diligence, obedience, sacrifice, sanctification, bearing afflictions with patience, Becoming disciples of Jesus Christ, using the Lord's time perfectly, and living so Heavenly Father can count on us. It was a wonderful conference. Some things I really liked was "Hard things aren't bad, they're just hard." and "Nevern limit yourself by what you think is your capacity. Allow the Lord to expand your capacity, AND HE WILL." It truly was a wonderful day. During our two hour break all 90 of us missionaries spread ourselves out in Gainesville and knocked on doors. It was awesome. Then that night there was a fireside where bishops and ward councils were invited from the 3 stakes. It was a great fireside that helped everyone to be more motivated to work together with the missionaries.
 
Saturday we saw miracles! When we had done weekly planning we hadn't taken into account that Halloween and Zone Conference would mean that we would have less time to proselyte. Well, the Lord blessed us and we taught a ton of lessons on Saturday! We were able to reach our goal for the week. It was wonderful.
 
Well, things are going great! I can't really believe that it is already November! I LOVE the holiday season. We should be thinking of our Savior and giving thanks to our Heavenly Father 365 days of the year but I do love that there is an extra emphasis during the holidays.
 
I love you all so much! Keep smiling :)

No comments: