This week was a wonderful Christmas week! I love my Savior and the opportunity we have to celebrate his holy, humble birth. Christmas was filled with seeing my very favorite people on Skype, lots and lots of food, and wonderful investigators and members of the Deep Creek ward. Sister Winkler and I planned our schedule so that we could see some people who were spending Christmas mostly on their own. That was so sad to me. There are so many people who not only spend Christmas alone but almost every other day alone as well.
We had a lesson with a potential investigator that we found last week and it went so great! She is so golden. Family oriented. Looking for a church. Wonderful. She is so sweet and her daughter is wonderful too! Children have the tendency to act a little crazy around the missionaries. Hah! Almost every parent says something like "they don't usually act this way" or "she is just wanting your attention". It is fun because I love children especially when they are being a little crazy.
So here is a miracle this week! We were a little behind schedule and we were debating whether or not we were going to see a less active sister. A few second before the turn into her neighborhood I decided to turn and we ended up going to her house. Well, we looked across the street where another less active sister lives. This particular sister is quite old and her daughter and grandaughter take care of her. They have a gate and we have never been able to get in the gate because it is always locked. Well, it was open so we took advantage of the opportunity and stopped by. It was wonderful! The sister's grandaughter even opened up to us a little bit and we gave each of her kids a Book of Mormon! We didn't end up seeing the less active sister we had originally planned but I know that we were led there for a reason!
Yesterday was Sunday. And I spoke in church. The bishop asked me to get our ward motivated to recommit themselves to member missionary work. It went great. I procrastinated planning it of course. Honestly, I think I work a lot better under a time crunch. Sister Winkler said that I did good and I got some compliments so I was pretty content with how it went. THEN, the 6 of us missionaries taught the combined Relief Society and Preisthood meeting during third hour. That went really well also!
We got a call from President Craig last night....Sister Winkler is training next transfer!!! I'm so proud of her! She is almost done with her training and she is going to be a wonderful trainer! I sure am going to miss her! That also means that....I'm being transferred! That is so weird. It blows my mind. All I know about missionary work is Lake City! I have no idea where I will be going. Even though I am going to miss Lake City and all of the people here, I am so excited to see somewhere new and I know that I will learn so much!
Happy New Year Y'all!
Have a blessed day,
Sister Kasteler
1 comment:
You are serving such a wonderful mission. The Lord loves you and so do we.
Post a Comment