Sunday, June 8, 2014

May 26

Happy Memorial Day y'all!

This week was a good one. Wednesday was an especially fun filled day. We had a Zone Conference. It was so wonderful. Our mission currently has a huge focus on the Book of Mormon so we had some trainings on that. We also talked about what it means to be a consecrated missionary and using family history in our work. It was a wonderful meeting. Right after zone conference our ward had a baptism! It was kind of a surprise baptism. The sisters didn't know until the day before!  But they threw it together and it went wonderfully. Then Sister Joseph and I had a lesson with one of our wonderful investigators along with a couple in the ward. It was a great lesson and he really felt the spirit.

Well it decided to get hot. We have been sweating a lot. It hasn't gotten super humid yet. That is yet to come. But a few days this week were up in the 90s. Ooh! We are so blessed to have a car! SO blessed. And earlier today we had a crazy storm. We happened to be driving and the rain, wind and hail.

Well, the work is going great. I love this area. I love my new companion. It is a huge adjustment but it is getting better. I have a lot of things to work on which is wonderful.. I really do love being a missionary and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father would allow me to have this opportunity. 

Have a blessed week!

Always,
Sister Kasteler

And here is a funny story for you!

We went and did some service at an investigator's house. We went first
thing after studies so we just changed into some service clothes and
brought skirts and stuff to change into afterwards. Well somehow I
grabbed two different shoes. And they were both right feet. We didn't
have time to go all the way back to our apartment so I spent a couple
hours in my tennis shoes and the other sisters brought me some normal
shoes. :)



No comments: