This week was good! We are working hard to find new investigators and get to know the ward. One miracle that we had was an investigator we found that we started teaching the restoration and towards the end of the lesson she said "You're Mormons?? You're the first Mormons I've met! I was just reading about the Mormons and it is really interesting. Yes, I would like to read the Book of Mormon! " Hah! We were a little dumbfounded and it was wonderful!
Another miracle we saw this week was that we went to the gas station to get gas and for some reason our pump wouldn't print out a receipt. So we started to go inside to get one and right before we got to this door a man rides up on a bike and starts talking to us and praising the Lord because God sent him to the gas station and he knew it was because he needed to see us. Turns out he has been to church once and the sisters who were previously in this area were teaching him. It was great to run into him!
Yet another miracle is that we went to visit a less active member and it turns out that a non member lives with her. This lady has been to church many times with her friend and she even has the Gospel Library app on her phone! We don't know why she hasn't become a member yet but we will figure it out :)
We saw this older couple out on their porch and so we started talking to them. Well the wife invited us in to see her nativity collection. I was not prepared for what I saw. She had around 100 nativities all around her living room! They are from all around the world. It was so awesome. I could have looked at them for hours! Then she gave us each a nativity magnet which she said that she gives to everyone who sees her collection. It was incredible. The weren't interested in talking to us about religion but they were very sweet.
We met a man at a bus stop. (weird. we didn't have bus stops in Lake City) He was really nice and very willing to talk to us. He basically questioned everything that we said and even some things that we didn't say. It was a good and a bad thing. I think it is good to question but bad if you want proof for everything. It basically comes down to him reading and praying about the Book of Mormon with faith, a sincere heart, and real intent. So we will see if he has the faith, sincere heart, and real intent part.
I've noticed that children act CRAZY when the missionaries come over. Almost every home we go into that has young children they get so hyper and seek attention when we are there. It is entertaining for me but I think the parents usually feel so embarrassed. I love it. A lot of the times I want to sit down and play with them.
Well I think those are some of the most interesting things that happened this week. Keep smiling and remember what matters most :)
No comments:
Post a Comment