Monday, January 13, 2014

Last week in Lake City

So this week was a little crazy. The biggest news is that I'm being transferred to Jacksonville! I will give you my new address as soon as I know what it is. I will be finishing up the second half of my new companion's training. Which is pretty exciting! I'm excited to be in the city and to meet a lot more wonderful people!
This week we helped out a couple times at a member's new house. They are working on getting it fixed up before they move it and we helped them do a little cleaning and painting. It was a lot of fun! If I could spend all my time doing service projects I would! I love service so much :)
What else happened this week? Well it rained for a whole day. And then it decided to get cold. Today the low was forecasted to be 19 degrees. So they cancelled school. Yup. You read that right. They cancelled school because there was a chance of black ice. It was about 35 degrees when got into our car at 10:30. It might have been colder during the night. It is pretty cold but for Florida it is record breaking cold. I'm sure that you were waiting for a weather report.
This week was great but at this moment I can't think of anything that happened. We have been busy which is so good. Sister Winkler has been doing a lot of leading in the planning and teaching because tomorrow she will get her new missionary! It is hard to believe that my little girl is going to be training her own missionary. She is going to be a wonderful trainer! She has taught me so much these past few transfers. A lot more than I have taught her, that is for sure!
One miracle that happened was that I noticed that there was a man in his yard that looked like he was struggling. He was leaning down on his wheel barrow and looked like he was having trouble breathing. We stopped and asked him if he needed help. He said that he didn't but that we could come back another time to come help him with his yard. He was really nice and that will be exciting for Sister Winkler to go back and help him out and try to teach him.
I read Ether 12:27 this morning and I was thinking about the word weak. When we are sick or something is wrong with our bodies we can feel weak. If we don't get help or do anything about it then we will wear down our bodies and we will be worse off. We won't be able to heal. Well, when our spirit is weak it is the same thing. We first have to acknowledge that we are weak and then seek help. We need to be humble and have faith that whoever we go to will be able to help us become strong again. That being we can go to for help is our savior Jesus Christ. When we humble ourselves and admit that we need him and have faith in Him, then he can start to heal us. He can make us strong. It isn't easy but his grace is sufficient! We can become exactly who he needs us to be. I love my savior. Without Him, I am weak. With Him, I can be made strong.
I think that is about it. I love y'all so much!
Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: