This week was filled with some hard moments but some wonderful miracles! One of our miracle finds from last week we were able to give a tour of the church on Wednesday! Except for the fact that the chapel was FREEZING, it went great! She is so great and so prepared for the gospel. We talked to her last night and her boyfriend wants to start learning about the church too! It is so wonderful! They are planning on getting married soon and want a church to be "their" church. I think we have what they need :)
This weekend we had stake conference. The Saturday night session was all about missionary work and it was INCREDIBLE. There were some very amazing members of the stake who spoke and did an amazing job to bring the spirit to the meeting and motivate the members to do member missionary work. Oh, and all of the missionaries from the Florida Jacksonville East Stake sang a musical number. The Sunday session was a regional broadcast. 48 stakes from Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. It was broadcast from Orlando and it was a wonderful meeting. Elder Nelson was presiding and he spoke along with some members of the 70 and Sister McConkie from the YW general presidency. It was a wonderful meeting.
We had one investigator come to church yesterday. She brought her two children. They didn't exactly know how to act in church so we sat with her out in the foyer for a lot of the meeting but I think she really felt the spirit of the church building and wants to come again so she can see what a normal service is like. She also told us that after we left her house on Thursdayshe had a very powerful feeling come over her. It was so cool.
I was asked to give a training on a Christlike attribute in district meeting this week and I chose Charity. It is hard to decide which attribute is the most important one to have but I think that Charity might be it. You can't do anything in missionary work or in life without the pure love of Christ. In the bible it says "Charity edifieth" and that is what we all need to do. We need to continually lift others up and help them to feel elevated and we truly need to feel Christ's love for them. Wow. I have learned so much about love so far on my mission and I can truly say that I love all the people I have worked with and all of the ones that I am working with. Love is the most powerful feeling and it causes us to act beyond ourselves.
We had an exchange with the sister training leaders this week. It was great! So many miracles happened and it was so fun. I was with Sister Heslington who is from Provo and she is actually going home after this transfer! She is incredible. We got to teach the law of Chastity to a young adult who the Elders have been teaching and it was so awesome! She basically taught US the law of chastity. She has incredible standards and truly amazed me. It was awesome to know that even though they are few and far between, there are people out there, even young people who have high standards of morality who aren't members of the church. It was incredible.
There is a lot more diversity here in Jacksonville than there was in Lake City. A lot. People from west Africa, Cambodia, Albania, Mexico, Haiti....just to name a few. It is really neat to meet so many different people. I LOVE IT.
Anyway, I am so grateful to be a missionary. My heart is overflowing with joy! I hope y'all have a blessed day and a wonderful week! I love you all!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
| saying good bye to Sis. Winkler |
| Sis Kasteler and Sis DeSpain got locked out of their car so they took pictures |
No comments:
Post a Comment