Monday, January 13, 2014

Jacksonville!

This week was Great! The first half was spent in Lake City. It was a little hard to say goodbye to Sister Winkler, the members and our investigators! I have grown to love them so much more than I ever thought I would. Wednesday was transfer day and I met my companion Sister DeSpain. She is wonderful! This is only her second transfer so I am doing the second half of her training. We are in the Hendricks Avenue ward in Jacksonville....which is SO different than Lake City! Woah. Also, we have FIVE sets of missionaries in the ward! Three sets of sisters, one set of elders, and a senior couple! Sister DeSpain and I are basically white washing. The sisters that were in the area we are taking over left us a few names on their whiteboard but we haven't been able to get in contact with any of them! Sister DeSpain and I are ready to work very hard and are excited to see some wonderful miracles happen!
There isn't much else to say about this week. We are just trying to figure out the area, get to know the ward, and find people to teach. Oh yeah....a couple days ago it started getting warmer. Sister DeSpain and I were talking to a man on his porch and I got about 8 mesquito bites. It is the beginning of January! I didn't think it was possible but it is. And they itch like crazy.
So I read Ether 12:27 this week and I was thinking about how when we are physically weak we can't just ignore it and go one. Eventually we will wear ourselves out and get worse. We have to be humble and acknowledge that we are sick. We have to get help from the right source. A doctor. Then we have to do all that he says in order to become strong again. Well that is the same as when we are spiritually weak. We have to be humble and acknowledge that we need help. Then we have to get help from the right source. Our Savior Jesus Christ. Then we have to follow him and do everything that he says and His grace is sufficient that we will become strong. I know that our Savior accomplished the atonement so that we are able to continually become stronger. I love my Savior!
I love y'all!
Sister Kasteler


NEW ADDRESS!!

Sister Lauren Kasteler
6650 Corporate Center Parkway
Apartment 1410 Mailbox 69
Jacksonville, FL 32216

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful companion for our daughter, Sister Winkler. You have set a good example for her. I am sure she misses you. Keep up the good work! You continue to be one of those "stripling warriors" that we pray for each week. May you continue to be blessed in all you do. Love, Mother of Sister Winkler.