This week was a good week. The weather was quite warm this week. We
did get some rain and today it is cooler. Basically, Florida can'tmake up its mind. On Monday we knocked on the door of an Ethiopian
family. They let us and we taught them about the restoration. The
parents and their oldest daughter were all listening. The parents had
a very hard time with everything we were saying and would not accept a
Book of Mormon. From the very start of the lesson I had the though
"this is for the daughter". Well at the end of the lesson we were
about to leave and the daughter asked, "is there a way I can find out
more about Joseph Smith on the internet?" The father took the
Mormon.org card before we could hand it to the daughter but we made
sure that we explained the website. Someday that beautiful daughter of
God will find the gospel. I'm sure of it.
We also tracked into a man who invited us in. He wife is deaf and
Korean. They let us teach them. It was a little interesting having him
translate. It was neat because there were words that he did not know
how to sign and so many times he explained them to her just perfectly.
It was amazing for us to see how much he understood because he had to
explain it to her. They came to church yesterday! We don't know for
sure how much they got out of he meeting but there is a ward in the
mission that has some deaf members so we are probably going to get
some help from them.
The elders gave us one of their investigators. She has a baptismal
date In April. We haven't met her yet but we met her two teenage
daughters. We were able to show them the restoration video and the
loved it! It was so fun! The girls are so receptive and so sweet.
I was reading Thomas S. Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" and
I really like a part that said, "This is our one and only chance at
mortal life--here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our
realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are
gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in
this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish
between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let
those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive
and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want
to do. Instead, find joy in the journey--now."
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment