Tuesday, March 11, 2014

This week was really great! I don't have a lot of time so this might be a little on the short side. We had a zone meeting and a Sister's zone meeting! Both were wonderful. The sister's zone meeting was especially spiritual and uplifting. Wow. It was amazing.

One of the investigators that we have been working with is starting to show some progress! It is wonderful. Every time we meet with him he seems more and more interested. He is a pretty busy guy so we are working on trying to see if he is going to make reading/praying/going to church a priority. We had two wonderful lessons with him this week.

Another one of our investigators' mom passed away this week. It was very hard for her but she has so much faith! She is so sincere and is going to start working on reading and praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I feel so much love for her, it makes me feel like I'm going to burst!

Here's some small missionary miracles for you....We didn't have any dinner appointments this week. Eh. Not fun. Well, we had small little miracles happen. One of the less active members asked us to come over for dinner Wednesday night. Another family had us over for lunch on Saturday. A random member from Ocala whose daughter is in our ward bought us strawberries on Thursday. Another less active member bought us dinner Friday night. And we went out to a restaurant on Saturday and a member from another ward saw us and took care of our bill! It was crazy! God sure does love us and he did not want us to starve this week. (Don't worry mom, we aren't even close to starving. We have plenty of food we could have survived without these gracious members!)

I have been in awe this week of how much God loves me and all the little miracles (not just involving food) that I see that witness to me that not only does He love me, but He loves everyone else around me just as much. I love the gospel so much and am so grateful to be a missionary! Even though sometimes it is hard and sometimes I feel like I still don't really know what I'm doing, I know that I am here right now for a purpose and there is no other place I would rather be.

Always,
Sister Kasteler

p.s. Mosiah 23:27-28

No comments: