Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 7

Good morning!

This week was a great and crazy week! We had trade-offs and a couple meetings. Plus Friday was the 4th of July! We have been doing a lot of finding. We know there are people who are prepared here in Brunswick! President Craig has started focusing a lot on faith and setting goals and planning. It is so exciting to see how much growth is happening in this mission. It makes me so excited to see what happens in the coming months. We are going to reach 1000 baptisms this year!

Sarah was confirmed yesterday and it was a very special and tender experience. She had tears in her eyes. She said that everything in the blessing were things that she has been thinking about. She then got up and bore her testimony. Oh wow! She sounded like she had done it many times! She said she was her nervous and at first it seemed like she was a little bit. Her testimony was very powerful and very sincere. She is the most prepared person I have ever known. And she can see that so many experiences in her life have been leading her to learn about and accept the gospel. I love her so much!

We had an experience this week. I was with Sister Hart and we were walking around the neighborhood. We started talking to this lady and she did not want to talk to us. We asked her if we could give her a card and she said no. So we then asked her if there was anything we could do for her, any service or anything. She said, "For free?". We told her yes and she got SO excited! She told us that she is moving and needs help! We got her information and set up a time to help her the next day. When we went to help her we loaded some stuff into her car and then we had a wonderful discussion with her about prayer. It was beautiful. Service softens hearts!

I've been learning a lot about faith this week and how important it is when we are setting and achieving goals. Our mission president mentioned that when we are striving for a righteous goal we should cast away all thoughts of doubt or unbelief just as if they are immoral thoughts. It takes a lot diligence and concentration but it is a part of having complete faith. We cannot limit God by entertaining doubtful thoughts.

Well, I hope y'all had a happy 4th of July. I'm grateful for all the love and prayers that I know I have back in Utah and who knows where else around the world. Keep studying the Book of Mormon and keep smiling. I love y'all!

Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: