Sunday, August 3, 2014

June 16

Hello Y'all!
 
This week was great. We planned a zone sacrifice week. Every day we sacrificed something. One day we sacrificed music, another day we sacrificed our car for a few hours, another we sacrificed our iPads, another we sacrificed junk food. It was fun and we saw miracles and we know there are more miracles on the way!
 
Tuesday was the #discoverthebook event! It was great! I think the most wonderful thing that I personally saw from it was a few people posting their pictures that I was not expecting to post pictures. It gave me so much joy to see my whole facebook flooded with pictures of the Book of Mormon! Tomorrow there is another event called "Search the Book". Every one will be posting a picture of themselves reading the Book of Mormon and write a post about an experience they had reading it. If you are reading this, you must invite all your friends to this event or to the next event. Join the Facebook group "Called to Share" to find out more! Here are some simple things that you can do to be a missionary on Facebook!
 
1. Invite Facebook friends to the Group - Called to share - and to the event.....Discover the book and future events
2. Post your own picture and hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, vine, etc and tag your friends and family.
3. Personally message 20 people to ask them to participate in this effort with you!
4. Share the group and 4 events in person at home wards, ward councils, and online on Facebook pages
5. Share the videos that are posted for each individual event.
6. Ask for the help of those you know who are famous/well known. Think big!
7. Find a friend online who wants to learn more? Direct them to your son or daughter's profile!
8. Pray the event will find those that are looking to discover the truth!
We have found a few more investigators this week. A couple of them seem like they are truly interested and want to know the truth. It continues to amaze me how God just puts them into our path or puts us into their path.
 
We did some Family History with a recent convert and it was so fun! A member of the ward who is really good at Family History helped us out. It is truly amazing what you can do. I definitely want to get more involved in my own family history when I go home.
 
Also, I started talking to a guy on Facebook who lives in Nepal. In his culture it is not very accepted to be a Christian but he believes in God and Jesus Christ. This week we actually got to teach him a lesson about prayer. It was great! It is so neat that we can connect with people on the other side of the world!
 
I don't know what else to say this week. Sorry this email is kind of boring. We were busy and we worked hard. I love being a missionary.
 
Have a blessed week,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: