Contributors
Sunday, August 3, 2014
June 9
This week was filled with miracles! Monday after preparation day we
had a very productive three hours! Tuesday was a very motivating and
inspirational zone meeting. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon
and hastening the work on Facebook!
Wednesday we had a good day. We contacted a referral from another set
of missionaries and ended up with two new investigators! They were
really open and asked a lot of questions! The sad thing that happened
Wednesday was that we had to hand over one of our investigators over
to the elders. I'm sad for me because I loved teaching him but I'm
happy because I know that this will be better and it doesn't matter
who teaches him if he is progressing towards Jesus Christ! Also, on
Wednesday talked to a man who was playing the bagpipes in his
driveway!
Thursday helped a lady do some cleaning in her kitchen. Then we had
interviews with President Craig. They were wonderful and humbling, as
usual. I love President Craig! After our interviews we changed into
some different clothes and went and did some yard work for a
part-member family. We mowed their lawn, did some weeding, and trimmed
their bushes! It was so hot and sweaty but it was so fun. And
afterwards they fed us dinner.
Friday I had an experience that I had not had thus far on my mission.
We went to contact a referral from some elders and we ended up being
yelled at by her mom. She had a lot to say about our church and told
us that we are going to Hell. Not to mention, she was drinking and
smoking as she yelled at us. So that was interesting. The whole time I
really just felt peace and an assurance that I have the truth and I
cannot be swayed. I feel bad for her, really.
Also on Friday we planned an hour of tracting. We were really having
no luck. We weren't hardly even talking to anyone. Well, before we
finished, we decided to knock one more door. Well, the lady came out
and we had a wonderful conversation with her and she ended up taking a
Book of Mormon and we set up a return appointment with her. Miracles
always come after the trial of our faith.
Saturday we went to visit a potential investigator! We went in her
house and when we sat down her and her daughter were ready to listen
to what we had to say, we had a very powerful lesson on the
restoration. It was amazing and the spirit was definitely in that
room. They both committed to come to church and to read and pray about
the Book of Mormon. And guess what.....they did come to church! They
were a little late because their church ended at the same time ours
begins but they came and stayed for the rest of church and really
seemed like they enjoyed it!
So I'm going to ask all of you a favor. We have a goal as a mission to
bring 1000 souls to Christ in 2014. Will you pray for our mission to
reach that goal? Here is a picture of the banner that we all signed.
All the missionaries each wrote our own goal for how many baptisms we
will get this year. I signed right by the big comma, can you see it??
So my mission is starting a Book of Mormon campaign on Facebook. It
will be a series of four events in the next four weeks. The first one
is "discover the book". On June 10th everyone will post pictures of
the Book of Mormon and only their eyes showing. They will also include
a short description of how they discovered the book and
#discoverthebook. We have been inviting people like crazy and trying
to get the word out. Will you join the event and invite all if your
member friends to join too?? It is going to be the biggest Book of
Mormon event in the world! It is so fun to be a part of. The world
will never be the same after this! Will you join the group "Called to
Share"? Then you can be a part of all four events!
That was a long one for y'all. I hope you have a great week!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment