Hello y'all!
It was really hard to leave Hendricks. I love the people there so much. I still think about them a lot. But Brunswick is glorious! I love it so much so far! I love the people so much! My companion is Sister Earl. She is from St. George. She is a wonderful missionary. She went to school at UVU and wants to do something like wedding planning. She is creative and fun and I love her so much! She actually is really good friends with two of my roommates from college. Small world! Sister Earl is a wonderful missionary and loves being here in Brunswick. Her and her last companion have seen some huge miracles lately. She has talked about how they work and the investigators find them. I am really excited to learn from her. A ward member drove us up here on Wednesday. The weather here is about the same as Jacksonville. Hot and humid. But we are very close to the ocean which means that there is a nice breeze that comes through a lot of the time. That is wonderful. Also, My MTC companion is in my ward which is so wonderful. I love Sister Hart so much!
Also, yesterday we had a baptism! Wahoo! This amazing lady named Sarah was baptized. Oh wow, she is so prepared. And Satan sure did try to stop her. It was quite the series of events that took place leading up to her baptism. To make a long story short, she was sick throwing up all week and just feeling rotten. On top of that her best friend and some family members were not being supportive. She got a blessing from our bishop and miraculously was able to make her baptism interview Saturday night. Then on Sunday she made it to Sacrament meeting then went home to rest before the baptism. She called us about an hour before the baptism and said "I was about to call you and reschedule my baptism." But then she told us that she had a flashback of her mom who had met with the missionaries before she died. She remembered that her mom told her that she wanted to be baptized but she couldn't because of some really bad health issues. She knew that she had to get baptized that day and that her mom was happy and supportive of her decision. God was definitely saving that memory for just the moment when Sarah needed it. The baptism went so wonderful and there was a great turnout from the ward. It was beautiful.
I met some other people this week but the baptism was really the biggest thing that happened. I have learned so much so far from Sister Earl and from this area. I'm so excited for this transfer! Have a blessed week!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment