Monday, February 2, 2015

1/12

Hello y'all!

This week has been a really good one! We have been teaching and
finding a lot more than we have in the weeks prior to this one. We had
zone meeting this week which was amazing, as always. President and
Sister Craig were there which is always a special treat. The trainings
were on talking to everyone, the Book of Mormon, goals, and
accountability. It was a wonderful meeting and really got us on the
right foot this week. Afterwards we had just a sisters meeting with
Sister Craig. It was amazing. It was exactly what I needed and what my
wonderful companion needed. I love being a Sister missionary :)

We were able to talk to a lot of people this week! We found some new
investigators and some great potential! We also had a miracle where we
were able to get back in contact with one of our investigators named
Linda. She  had some really busy holidays and was kind of wiped out
after that. But we talked to her and set up an appointment with her.
She is excited to learn more from the actual lessons! She has lots of
questions and truly wants to learn. I am so excited to teach her. She
is wonderful.

Friday we went to Jacksonville for the 4 week training. It was
wonderful. We were divided into trainers and trainees and got to talk
about concerns and struggles that we are having. It was really nice.
It was great to be reminded of some things that I need to be doing
better! And I love being able to be instructed by President and Sister
Craig. Also, Sister DeSpain was there, which made me quite happy :)

I got to spend a couple hours with Sister Merchant who is serving in
the YSA branch. It was a lot of fun and it was a lot different to
teach young single adults! Some other random people that we met this
week was a man who has 30 dogs, an ex marine who has a tree company,
and a bunch of high school students. Pretty sure that meeting and
getting to know so many different kinds of people is one of my
favorite parts about being a missionary!

Here are some thoughts I had about faith, hope and charity and how it
relates to missionary work (specifically member missionary work) this
morning as I was studying part of Moroni 7. We must have faith in the
converting power of the gospel, in the Holy Ghost, and that God is
currently preparing people in our sphere of influence to accept the
gospel. We must also have hope that because all of God's children here
on earth once chose God's plan, that they will choose it again if
given the choice. And then we must have charity, even the pure love of
Christ as we show an interest and sincere love for the people that are
in our lives. Faith. Hope. Charity. We must have all three! What a
wonderful aha moment that was as I was reading the Book of Mormon this
morning!

Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: