Hello!
This week was great. We seemed to be busy but I don't remember exactly what we were busy doing. Linda got really sick. So that was a little scary because she was planning on getting confirmed on Sunday. But all is well, she is so faithful and came to church even though she felt terrible. She stayed for all three hours and what a wonderful example she is! Linda is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is so happy and everything is wonderful :)
Besides that, the biggest thing that happened was the mission conference that we had on Thursday in Jacksonville. Wow. Elder Zwick was there along with Brother Hemingway who works in the online proselyting department of the church. It was an amazing meeting. I think most of us were expecting to learn new ways to make Facebook effective and productive. They talked mostly about keeping ourselves safe online as missionaries and after our missions. Elder Zwick talked a lot about out own ability to choose and to be accountable for our choices. He talked about being on a positive spiritual trajectory for our entire lives and that it starts here on our missions. I loved when he was talking about how we must act and not be acted upon. We have the gift of agency and we can choose to be obedient and choose to be on a spiritual trajectory. I can choose to change. I can choose to be better, do more, and become who Heavenly Father needs me to become. There were a few things that elder Zwick said that I remembered him saying them the last time he was here. It was so wonderful to have him back in our mission!
Besides that, we did some finding and working with less active members this week. I love this Ward and I love Gainesville! I love Florida and I love being a missionary!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment