Monday, February 2, 2015

12/22

Merry Christmas!

I love being a missionary. Truly I do. Every day, sometimes multiple times a day, I have to kneel down and thank my Heavenly Father for this sacred and wonderful opportunity that I have to be a missionary.

This might be short but this week has been a good one. We are continuing to get to know the area and get to know the members and find new investigators. One miracle that we saw this past week is that we looked up a potential investigator name Clay in our area book. There was no address and no phone number. So we moved on to the next person. Well....one day we were knocking doors on a street. It was getting dark but we just kept knocking. We talked to a few nice people but no one was really interested. Then, the last door we knocked on was a kind man who came out and started talking to us. He introduced himself as Clay. At that point Sister Wright and I both thought about that potential in the areabook. Then he told us that just a couple weeks before he met sister missionaries and they invited him to a Christmas activity. WOW. It was the same Clay! It was a miracle. We showed him the "He is the Gift" video and talked with him about the Book of Mormon. He is amazing!

Thursday was the mission Christmas party. Oh wow. I was able to feel just a piece of Heaven. Heaven is going to be reuniting with the people we love who we have shared spiritual or hard experiences with. And on top of that we has a beautiful Christmas program. The music and the narration was perfect. The spirit was so strong. I love Christmas! And I love being a missionary at Christmastime! I also was very blessed to be one of the narrators in the Christmas program. It was beautiful.

One more miracle for the week. We met a lady outside of a house last week. She was a nanny for the children that lived there. Then, this past Monday we saw her at the Post office and talked to her briefly. THEN, this week we knocked on the door of a house and she was there! She nannies for that family too. Wow. It was not a coincidence. We added her on Facebook and hopefully we will be able to teach her soon!

I love miracles. I love being a missionary. I love Christmas. I love whitewash training.

Love Always,
Sister Kasteler

No comments: