Well Hello!
This week was a good one! The biggest thing at happened this week
happened this morning! So I don't know if I told you this but Linda's
first experience wih the church was 30 years ago when she did a favor
for a man she worked with in Lake City. To show his appreciation he
gave her a Book of Mormon and she read it. She didn't have any contact
with missionaries or any formal teaching. She had mentioned his
experience quite a few times. It truly was what softened her heart to
the church. So this week I decided to ask her what the man's name was.
She said that his last name was Henderson but that she didn't remember
his first name. She also explained where he lived and I knew EXACTLY
where she was talking about and it is in Deep Creek my first area!! I
couldn't remember if there was a Henderson family when I was there.
Linda also said that it could be possible that he wasn't alive
anymore. All of a sudden I had the thought that I would ask someone in
Lake City of the know a Brother Henderson. We would love to let him
know that the Book of Mormon she gave Linda planted a seed in her
heart and that she is getting baptized. Well, the first person I
thought to ask is Brother Paschall who I got to know really well when
I was in the Deep Creek Ward. So I sent him a message on Facebook to
ask him if there is a Brother Henderson in the ward or if there was
one about 30 years ago. Well this morning I saw that he messaged me
back. Brother Henderson is Brother Paschall's step father! And his
first wife and son are still in the ward! Wow. Brother Henderson is
not alive anymore but he has family who is! It was so incredible that
I am here to Lake City and end up teaching her and she used to live
and work in Lake City and was first introduced to get the church by
this Brother Henderson. And then I just happen to message Brother
Paschall and he is a stepson of Brother Henderson! It was divine. Gods
hand is definitely in My life and in Linda's life. I know that I'm
supposed to be here in Gainesville.
Also this week we were able to find some new investigators which was
very needed! We have been focusing on Linda a lot because she is
getting baptized next Sunday! I am so excited. She is just eating
everything up and loving all of it! We got to volunteer at a carnival
on Saturday and it was so much fun! We weren't supposed to proselyte
and try to teach people but we saw and talked to a lot of families!
I had a hard moment this week. I was mostly just frustrated with
myself. Because I am so weak and imperfect. And it is frustrating to
make the same mistakes over and over again. But I received some
comfort as we sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" as a companionship.
The second verse just hit me like a ton of bricks and I knew that I
just need to keep trusting in Heavenly Father even when I feel like I
am in deep despair. It is amazing that you can know a song or a
scripture so well but when you read it at a certain moment, it can be
just the right thing. The hard moment didn't last too long and the
rest of the week was filled with moments that reminded me how much I
LOVE being a missionary.
This week we have a zone conference in Lake City. We are going to talk
about becoming disciples of Jesus Christ, becoming Preach my Gospel
missionaries, and finding new investigators. I am so excited!
Always,
Sister Kasteler
No comments:
Post a Comment